ADSM-L

vaulting problem

2001-08-02 16:45:47
Subject: vaulting problem
From: "Adam J. Boyer" <Adam.J.Boyer AT FRB DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 16:44:47 -0400
Hi everyone,

We have a small problem in that our vaulting company only references tapes
by slot number, not by volume serial number.  So, we'll need to keep some
kind of database of what tapes are offsite and in which slots.  We will be
using DRM, and I was thinking we could update the database when DRM admin
commands run, such as move drm, etc.  I was wondering if anyone has come up
with a script or other solution.  I saw some general references in the
archives, but an actual script, or something to help me along the path
would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
adam