ADSM-L

Re: Determining Capacity on ADSM?

2000-09-19 13:16:09
Subject: Re: Determining Capacity on ADSM?
From: Richard Cowen <richard.cowen AT VTMEDNET DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 13:13:10 -0400
How do I determine how many physical slots my 3494 library has?

mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -qL | grep cells

How do I determine how many tapes are offsite?

a) select count(*) from volumes where stgpool_name='BACKUP3590_OFFSITE'
(where a storagepool is used for offsite.)
b) select count(*) from drmedia
(where DRM is in use.)
c) select count(*) from volumes where access='OFFSITE'
(where you set the access or use DRM.)

Note: tapes may be in transit to-and-from offsite.
Also, db backups are not in the volume table.

How do I determine how many tapes total I have?

select count(*) from volumes where devclass_name='MAGSTAR3590'
(where your device class name is MAGSTAR3590.)

How do I determine the average capacity per tape?

select avg(EST_CAPACITY_MB) from volumes where devclass_name='MAGSTAR3590'

--
Richard
Richard