ADSM-L

Re: Need Help

1999-10-19 13:43:38
Subject: Re: Need Help
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 12:43:38 -0500
Have you followed the instructions as per the redbook on bare metal
restores? It sounds as if you're not creating a repair partition.

In order to rebuild the OS and Applications correctly, you must first
install a second instance of WinnT in say c:\winntrestore
Load the ADSM Client and perform the restore.
This will allow ADSM to restore the OS since none of the files will be in
use/ locked by the OS.

There's a bit more to it than this, for more details checkout the redbook on
bare metal restores at http://www.redbooks.ibm.com

Narhan