ADSM-L

Re: Need Help

1999-10-20 09:55:23
Subject: Re: Need Help
From: Mike Dillon <Mike.dillon AT WCOM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 09:55:23 -0400
I appreciate the help with Bare Metal restores, I do have  one question.
After I restore the OS and applications the instructions state to
restore the registry from the command line.  The commands are as
follows:

Dsmc res c:\adsm.sys\registry\machinename\machine\*.*
c:\winnt\system32\config\
Dsmc res c:\adsm.sys\registry\machinename\users\default
c:\winnt\system32\config\
Dsmc res c:\adsm.sys\registry\machinename\users\Administrator\*.*
c:\winnt\system32\config\

After I restore these registry Keys, it states to reboot and everything
should be fine.  I do know that while in the ADSM GUI there is a option
to activate the key once it is restored, do you have to do something
like that for the command line?  I am receiving the following error when
I reboot:

Windows NT could not start because the following file is missing or
corrupt:
\winnt\system32\config\systemHardware Profile/Last Known Good menu

Has anyone seen this before?

Thank you for the help!

Michael Dillon
Sr. NT System Administrator