ADSM-L

Need Help

1999-10-19 12:13:39
Subject: Need Help
From: Mike Dillon <Mike.dillon AT WCOM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 12:13:39 -0400
Does anyone have information about using NT Clients being backed-up by a
Unix ADSM server.  We have experienced successful restores of the NT
server OS's, however when we try to restore the applications they fail.
Errors are received and the applications are lost.  Scenario:  NT 4.0
with IIS 4.0, several virtual sites setup and when a backup is complete,
we format the server and install OS and ADSM backup client.  Once the
client is installed the  we begin the restore.  Aproximently 115 files
are not restored, many in the winnt\system32 directory.  The IIS is not
restored.  Does anyone have any experience trying to restore
applications from a ADSM server to the NT clients?

Michael Dillon
Sr. NT System Administrator