ADSM-L

Re: MVS ADSM Server

1999-03-02 14:49:12
Subject: Re: MVS ADSM Server
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 13:49:12 -0600
OS/390 2.5 TCP/IP 3.4 - same as you it would appear. What sort of
filesystems are your clients? If they typically contain a lot of large files
then this would explain the peformance increase you're experiencing compared
to ours.

It's also possible that we are being limited by our Escon controller, I
found out the other day that over the weekend our Escon Channel reached 89%
utilisation - 70% on an Escon Channel is a very high utilisation. This maybe
another bottleneck in our configuration.

Nahtan