ADSM-L

Library define with acsls and STK9710 on SUN UE10000

1999-03-02 14:27:00
Subject: Library define with acsls and STK9710 on SUN UE10000
From: "Michael R. Richard Jr." <Michael_Richard AT COMPUWARE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 14:27:00 -0500
     I have a Sun UE10000 and have been trying to define a library using
     acsls and it keeps locking up the acsls server communication and will
     fail the define due to IPC_FAILURE

     define library adsmlib1 libtype=acsls acsid=0

     I have configured this library on a SUN 1000 (solaris2.6) a RISC
     6000(AIX4.1.4) using acsls and now they are working just fine. The
     UE10000 is running Solaris 2.6 and I have the acsls server name in the
     /etc/hosts file on the UE10000 and the UE10000 domain ip address in
     the acsls server's /etc/hosts file. Both can telnet to each other so
     comm. is good. In the dsmserv.opt file I have tried both the acsls
     servers name and ip address with no better results. I was able to do
     the following command with success:

     /usr/sbin/add_drv -m '* 0666 bin bin' /usr/kernel/drv/mt

     it define the links to the 4 dlt drive just fine. I am going thru all
     the same steps I thought I went thru and SUN 1000 but it is not
     working. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

     By the way the server edition is 3.1.2.1 IP21486