ADSM-L

Re: Connect Agent for Exchange - Compression

1999-02-19 15:40:19
Subject: Re: Connect Agent for Exchange - Compression
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 14:40:19 -0600
Eliza,

I'm in a similar situation to yourself, but I've never run across this
problem with the Connect Agent.

Depending upon your network bandwidth and or type of ADSM Server,
compression is usually better set to off.

We have an ATM backbone but it may aswell be token ring when it comes to IP
on MVS. When backing up to MVS I always turn compression on for better
peformance.
When I backup to AIX my throughput is double if not triple with compression
OFF.

The schedule log doesn't show how much compression took place, however in
all cases so far compression has resulted in less data being transferred.
This is more appreciable when doing a full backup.

Nathan