ADSM-L

Re: Connect Agent for Exchange - Compression

1999-02-19 16:18:37
Subject: Re: Connect Agent for Exchange - Compression
From: Chris Zaremba <zaremba AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 16:18:37 -0500
Eliza,

>As far as I can tell no compression was done.  We are testing it against a
test
>database with not much activities going on, so the IS and DIR store should
not
>have grown much in a day.

Compression does work for the exchange agent.  However, there are two
things to consider:

1. Have you verified that the nodename used by the exchange agent is
registered with the option
    to decide if compression is done or not?  If the node was registered
with compression forced off at
    the ADSM server, the setting of the compression option on the agent
will be ignored.

2. If the amount of data backed up on different days changes and you
haven't changed the compression
    option, then the different size is due to different data in the DIR
and/or IS.  Whether compression is on or off
    is not an issue if it is consistent for both runs.

Chris Zaremba
ADSM Agent Development
internet  zaremba AT us.ibm DOT com