ADSM-L

Re: Connect Agent for Exchange - Compression

1999-02-19 17:05:37
Subject: Re: Connect Agent for Exchange - Compression
From: Eliza Lau <lau AT VTCAT.CC.VT DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 17:05:37 -0500
Mike,

The node is registered with the server (AIX) as compression="client's choice".
Compression works fine with regular adsm backups of the system.

The IS and DIR remain stable and haven't grown in a day.  This is a 85M test
database, and nothing was done to it yesterday.  Only compression was turned on.

What rate of compression should I be expecting?  Do the data compress well?

Eliza Lau
lau AT vt DOT edu
Virginia Tech Computing Center