ADSM-L

Re: Connect Agent for Exchange - Compression

1999-02-19 16:38:16
Subject: Re: Connect Agent for Exchange - Compression
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 16:38:16 -0500
Eliza,

Compression does work for the Exchange Agent.
Your ideas on what is wrong is probably what you are seeing.
That is, the deletion of "old" transaction logs files are
done by the Exchange Server and are not necessarily removed
after each full backup.

Keep in mind that nature of the data dictates the
actual compression ratio that you will see.

You may also want to check your ADSM server settings since
the compression option can be dictated by the ADSM server
and not even settable by the client.

Thanks,

Del

>> ADSMers,
>>
>> We have been testing the ADSMConnect Agent for Microsoft Exchange 1.1.
We are