ADSM-L

Re: It's too easy !

1998-04-07 17:47:56
Subject: Re: It's too easy !
From: Brett Walker <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 14:47:56 -0700
>Brett, I feel the argument is starting to go round in circles so,
>like Cris Robinson, I shall make this my last blast on the subject.

Ack!  Yes, let's put this thread to rest.

1. We understand the requirement.  We understand the need to be able to
keep network drives from being backed up by novice users.  Frankly, I'm
suprised nobody has complained about it before now - the ability for misuse
has always been there.

2. There is currently a solution in PTF 3.  It provides similar
capabilities to V2, and while better in some ways, the ability for misuse
is still too great.

3. We will provide an alternative as best we can.  I can make no promises
as to when an alternative will be available, but it is high on our list.
We will take all the input we have received here into consideration when
generating a solution.

4. We appreciate everybodies input on the subject.

Thanks,
Brett
ADSM Development

  Brett Walker                  ADSM Development, IBM
  walkerbl AT vnet.ibm DOT com         tie 276-0265
"That's just my opinion; I could be wrong."
      --- Dennis Miller