ADSM-L

Re: It's too easy !

1998-04-14 09:04:58
Subject: Re: It's too easy !
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 13:04:58 GMT
Replying to: Brett Walker <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM> (Tue, 7 Apr 1998
14:47:56
-0700)

>4. We appreciate everybodies input on the subject.

Ok, here goes my 2 cents.

1) Keep to the proposed three kinds of drives (Local Fixed, Local Removable
and Network) under a "local machine" auto-expanded object. Oh, by the way,
I'd keep them using this order.

2) Add a "Select Domain" option which checks drives according to the DOMAIN
option in dsm.opt.

3) Add a warning box that pops up when the user selects *all* Fixed,
Removable or Network drives.

4) Add client option file options to overide or force 2) and 3). This waqy
we could set "DOMAINSELECT NO" when we're concerned with performance or
"WARNFULLBACKUP NO" if we do not want to have boxes popping up every time we
backup.

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,