ADSM-L

The Mystery of the Missing File......

2015-10-04 18:09:30
Subject: The Mystery of the Missing File......
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 3/14/97 3:29PM
Thanks for the descriptions - I think I understand it, except for the last
sentence in the following paragraph.....

> "Assuming a healthy database, any file in a copy storage pool must also reside
> in a primary pool. Message ANR1163W just means that reclamation ended without
> moving one or more files from a copy pool volume.  This could be because the
> primary pool volume on which the files reside is unavailable or maybe the
> primary files were moved during reclamation and therefore were not found."

Actually, It's the last phrase that I have a problem with - "maybe the primary
files were moved during reclaimation...."  Are you implying that after a primary
pool tape is reclaimed, that the backup copies of these filese are not reachable
any more?  We do a lot of reclaimation in our shop - primarily because we still
use 3480 tapes, which don't hold much, and we have several servers that are
active and seem to backup the same files all of the time.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com