ADSM-L

Re: Log Files

1996-11-20 05:08:01
Subject: Re: Log Files
From: Matthias Morche <morche AT CSD DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 11:08:01 +0100
Francisco Franco wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> We are using ADSTAR to back-up our user files on AIX 3.2.5.  On
> each of the system using it, the following two files keep getting
> created in the root paritition:
>
> dsmerror.log
> dsmsched.log
>
> Now, these files can get quite big.  Can I force or set these files
> to be stored on any particular directory (ie "/var").  I've
> been reading the "Administrator's Guide" without much success.
>
> My next step is to do a symbolic link from "/var" to these files.
> Is there another way?
>
> TIA
> --
> Francisco Franco                e-mail: francisco.franco AT hydro.on DOT ca
> Ontario Hydro                   tel:    (416) 592-9477
> 700 University Ave              fax:    (416)
> Toronto, Ont.

I've already found some answers on howto move the location of
dsmsched.log. So this is how to move dsmerror.log:

Start the scheduler with an evironmental variable DSM_LOG set to
/var/adm :
DSM_LOG=/var/adm dsmc sched -q -pas=password
or if using a csh : setenv DSM_LOG=/var/adm ; dsmc sched -q
-pas=password...
        Best regards, Matthias
        Best regards, Matthias
--