ADSM-L

Log Files

1996-11-19 15:49:59
Subject: Log Files
From: Francisco Franco <francisco.franco AT HYDRO.ON DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 15:49:59 -0500
Hi Folks,

We are using ADSTAR to back-up our user files on AIX 3.2.5.  On
each of the system using it, the following two files keep getting
created in the root paritition:

dsmerror.log
dsmsched.log

Now, these files can get quite big.  Can I force or set these files
to be stored on any particular directory (ie "/var").  I've
been reading the "Administrator's Guide" without much success.

My next step is to do a symbolic link from "/var" to these files.
Is there another way?

TIA
--
Francisco Franco                e-mail: francisco.franco AT hydro.on DOT ca
Francisco Franco                e-mail: francisco.franco AT hydro.on DOT ca