ADSM-L

Re: Log Files

1996-11-19 16:21:34
Subject: Re: Log Files
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,Corp/US" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 16:21:34 -0500
The SCHEDLOGNAME option can be set in DSM.SYS to specify the location
and name of the ADSM schedule log.  Additionally, the SCHEDLOGRETENTION
option can also be set to automatically prune the file, keeping n days
worth of log entries (can also specify whether you want to save the
pruned entries).  For instance...

schedlogname            /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/log/dsmsched.log
schedlogretention       14

For the errorlog, you need to set the DSM_LOG environment variable to
point to the directory where you want to store the error log. For
pruning it, use the ERRORLOGRETENTION client option in DSM.OPT.

These options are documented in ADSM Installing the Clients, Version 2
(SH26-4049-01)

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com