nv-l

Re: [nv-l] NV 713: Any idea of Emailing through Netview??

2003-01-30 22:02:34
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NV 713: Any idea of Emailing through Netview??
From: "CATALINA MARTINEZ" <CATALINA.MARTINEZ AT tlc.state.tx DOT us>
To: <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 08:59:14 -0600
What operating system? On AIX, I defined their email address per group in /etc/aliases . then I have a script generated when a specific trap is received. I also have emails sent out through Cron.. This works when I collect "node down events" for our WAN offices and send out a listing at midnight to Network Control which contains  WAN offices that were down at one point during the day.

Catalina
/>>> "Mithun Prakash Prabhu" <Mithun_Prabhu AT infosys DOT com> 01/27/03 11:17PM >>>

Hi,

Can anyone tell me whats the best way to send Emails auto generated via Netview. I mean whenever an event or trap is generated whats the best way to send it as a Email to the concerned Mail ids. Please let me know where can I find more information on the same.

 Regards,

Mithun Prabhu
System Engineer, ITO

Infosys Technologies Limited