nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Object Nameing

2003-01-30 02:57:41
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Object Nameing
From: "Mike Walsh" <Mike.Walsh AT us.ing DOT com>
To: David.Hustace AT tavve DOT com
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:02:37 -0600
Mr. Hustace and Mr. Hochstetler,

Thank you very much for your replies and assistance. It is most helpful.
Unfortunately, I have tried everythingsuggested with the exception of
double checking useing the  ovtopodump or ovobjprint that the name is
actually delted.  I guess I have far too much faith in these systems.  Mea
Culpa.  I even went so far as to delete from all maps, stop the netmon
daemon, perform an ovtopofix -a, and then stop all daemons before
completely restarting Netview.  What do you think happened - YOU ARE SO
RIGHT.  There the darn thing was, slapping me in the face.  I am totally
confused at this point.  I will perform the checks as suggested and report
back.

Thanks again,

Mike

Mike Walsh
****Please Note - New EMAIL Address  mike.walsh AT us.ing DOT com*********
612-342-3118

                      David.Hustace@tav

                      ve.com                   To:       "Mike Walsh"
<Mike.Walsh AT us.ing DOT com>
                                               cc:

                      01/29/2003 10:31         Subject:  Re: [nv-l] Object
Nameing
                      AM

Did you try deleting the device (make sure it is deleted with ovtopodump or
ovobjprint) then re-adding it?

Dave

                      "Mike Walsh"

                      <Mike.Walsh AT us DOT in        To:
nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com

                      g.com>                   cc:

                                               Subject:  [nv-l] Object
Nameing
                      01/27/2003 10:53

                      AM

Goodmorning Listers,

I truely hope one of you can lead me down the right path.  I have an object
that was discovered under one of it's interface names because of a legacy
DNS entry.  I am trying my darndest to correct this issue.  I have
attempted to do the "Modify" bit from the GUI pulldown, I have ensured that
the seedfiles and etc.hosts files are correct (ie. no reference to this
devices interface), stoped netmon and run ovtopofix, stopped all daemons
and restarted OV.  Oh yes, I have ensured that the only reference in DNS is
to the primary device and loopback interface IP address.  I have demand
polled and snmpwalked till I am blue in the face.  Nothing works.  What
have I overlooked?  What have I done wrong?  Has anybody experienced this
before?  How did you correct it?

Thanks to all,

Mike

 Mike Walsh