nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Specific IP address / port monitoring

2003-01-30 04:17:02
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Specific IP address / port monitoring
From: Gary.Schlachter AT tavve DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:17:12 -0500
Fawad,
      Are you looking to monitor the ports on the switches themselves
rather than what is connected to the port?  I do not believe that the base
NetView product has support for that.  However, Tavve has a product called
EventWatch which integrates with NetView and can monitor the individual
ports on a switch. You can specifiy which ports to monitor and EventWatch
will report a root cause event identifying the port instead what is
connected to the port.   Hope this helps.

Gary Schlachter

                      "Qureshi, Fawad"

                      <Fawad.Qureshi@ss        To:       nv-l AT lists.tivoli
DOT com
                      a.gov>                   cc:

                                               Subject:  [nv-l] Specific IP
address / port monitoring
                      01/28/2003 08:06

                      AM

Hello All,

Netview 7.1.3 on AIX 4.3.3.

I would like to monitor specific IP addresses on high-impact [switch] ports
as opposed to just the loopback addresses. How much of this can I do with
Netview? Would I need something like Tivoli Switch Analyzer to do detail
monitoring? Thanks for any input.

Cheers,

Fawad Qureshi
RSIS - DNE