nv-l

[nv-l] Object Nameing

2003-01-28 05:50:49
Subject: [nv-l] Object Nameing
From: "Mike Walsh" <Mike.Walsh AT us.ing DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:53:03 -0600
Goodmorning Listers,

I truely hope one of you can lead me down the right path.  I have an object
that was discovered under one of it's interface names because of a legacy
DNS entry.  I am trying my darndest to correct this issue.  I have
attempted to do the "Modify" bit from the GUI pulldown, I have ensured that
the seedfiles and etc.hosts files are correct (ie. no reference to this
devices interface), stoped netmon and run ovtopofix, stopped all daemons
and restarted OV.  Oh yes, I have ensured that the only reference in DNS is
to the primary device and loopback interface IP address.  I have demand
polled and snmpwalked till I am blue in the face.  Nothing works.  What
have I overlooked?  What have I done wrong?  Has anybody experienced this
before?  How did you correct it?

Thanks to all,

Mike

 Mike Walsh