nv-l

RE: [nv-l] windows 2K server monitoring

2003-01-21 22:26:37
Subject: RE: [nv-l] windows 2K server monitoring
From: "Dejan Mijailovic" <dejan.mijailovic AT inquent DOT com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:48:26 -0500
Jorge,

There are a plenty of things you can do with Windows 2000. There are a
plenty of SNMP agent/add-ons to get.
First you have to start your SNMP services, which can be extended.  Many of
the Windows applications, such us MSSQL, IIS, DHCP,... come with it's SNMP
modules.
Therefore if you have SNMP up and running, after installing MSSQL, you will
get MSSQL mib module attached to Generic SNMP, or manually add MSSQL mib
module..
Also you can install this:

http://www.wtcs.org/snmp4tpc/snmp4w2k.htm

If you don't want SNMP, then get trapGen. Then configure you Services to
send a Trap when they go down.

http://www.ncomtech.com/download.htm

Dejan Mijailovic
InQuent Technologies Inc.