nv-l

[nv-l] How to tell when Netmon is getting behind?

2003-01-21 22:51:43
Subject: [nv-l] How to tell when Netmon is getting behind?
From: "James, Janelle (US - Hermitage)" <jjames AT deloitte DOT com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 14:21:07 -0600
Greetings,

I am looking at some graphs of SNMP Operations, Ethernet traffic, etc in
attempt to determine if netmon is falling behind and / or trapd is
overloaded?  We are currently receiving authentication failure traps every
.05 seconds and I think this is degrading performance but I am looking for
proof.  When I try to do a demandpoll currently it hangs...

Is there some other tool or information I could be looking at?  Would a
flood of traps (to ovtrapd?) degrade the performance of netmon?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Janelle

Janelle James
CS&IT Infrastructure Application Services
Deloitte & Touche
615 882-6929

- This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information