nv-l

[nv-l] [NV] threshold monitoring and usage of /usr/OV/conf/location.conf

2003-01-03 04:20:25
Subject: [nv-l] [NV] threshold monitoring and usage of /usr/OV/conf/location.conf
From: "Mildeberger, Thorsten" <thorsten.mildeberger AT eds DOT com>
To: "'nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com'" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 09:20:25 -0000
Hi list,

did anyone here in the forum already use /usr/OV/conf/location.conf for
saving some time in the process of putting "objects/symbols" to their final
destination? I´m asking this, cause we would like to put gateways
(router/switch) to their final map automatically as it means to spend some
extra efforts by doing this task automatically.

In addition to that I have another question in the area of threshold
monitoring via snmpCollect. Is there any other "easy" way to do threshold
monitoring next to the GUI based approach, i.e. may be a script that is
starting the collection of defined MIB variables for instance? Is there
someone one the list, who already gathered some experience with this?

Many thanks, it is greatly appreciated.

best regards,