Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DSU Question.

2009-03-27 09:27:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DSU Question.
From: Dennis Peacock <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 09:23:14 -0400
We have a setup that uses DSSU/FSU and we have allocated just over 18 Terabytes
per media server. We do the "round robin" across 5 media servers to help
balance out the load. As Ed has already stated, you can saturate your disk
performance and then all you have done is create yourself a bottleneck to work
through. Think and plan as big as you can and then add 30% to that and you
should be good to go for about 2 years.  [Wink]

This process is nice, but you'll need to watch your Duplicate and Vault jobs to
make sure that data gets backed up to tape (if you so desire) and then gets
cleaned off the DSSU space for the next round of backups.