Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Schedule coordination question

2007-08-03 15:13:53
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Schedule coordination question
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 14:47:57 -0400
We've got similar applications here, not necessarily a TB of data, but
users running an application can output easily 200GB in a day.  Since
this data can always be re-generated we tend to exclude these files by
type and/or directory from backups unless specifically requested.  If
you just HAVE to backup TBs worth of incrementals, I'd suggest some sort
of 100% off-host backup solution.  Snap backups or something similar
depending on storage vendor.  It really is a life saver when you get
into the multi-terrabyte backup / restore range and even lower end
solution providers are beginning to offer the option so its not always a
budget buster.

-Jonathan