Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question in regards to high availability of the catalog.

2006-03-17 13:42:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question in regards to high availability of the catalog.
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:42:09 -0600
On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 03:01:48PM +0000, andrew.x.smith AT jpmchase DOT com
wrote:
> You are correct the NBU HA solution is a traditional active/passive HA
> cluster with local (SAN) attached shared disk.

And to make matters worse, you can failover a master/master cluster, or
a media/media cluster, but you can't fail over a master/media cluster.
i.e. we want one node to be a master/media server, the second node to be
just a media server and to pick the master functionality if the master
dies.  I don't think that there's any way of doing that.  Sun V490 with
Solaris 9 currently 5.1MP4 with 6 probably when MP2 comes out.
SAN-attached storage (which is where /usr/openv is currently).

We'd really like an active/active cluster config...

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org