Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question in regards to high availability of the catalog.

2006-03-17 16:31:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question in regards to high availability of the catalog.
From: bobbyrjw AT bellsouth DOT net (Bobby Williams)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:31:48 -0500
We use EMC SAN disks with 100 miles between data centers.  We let the SAN
folks do live replication between the data centers on the SAN LUN.  It is
mounted as /openv on the master servers.

Two separate master servers, two separate locations, two separate SAN disk
arrays mirrored over a long fiber.

If either site goes down, the other site mounts a freshly broken SAN LUN to
an alternate file system mount point (something like /openv_other_site).

Copy the images from DR backups, load tapes from DR off site location, add
force_restore entries in bp.conf and you can start restoring.

Works and have tested DR restores.

Bobby Williams
2205 Peterson Drive
Chattanooga, Tennessee  37421