Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VxSS and Access Management under NBU51

2005-07-22 05:21:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VxSS and Access Management under NBU51
From: Marek.Gorka AT Sun DOT COM (Marek Gorka)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:21:40 +0200
hello everyone,

I've been trying to configure access management for nbu51. I've installed on
a single machine Veritas NetBackup Enterprise Server 5.1 and VxSS 4.1.2.5
(both Authentication ROOT + AB  and Authorization modules).

According to the documentation I've created the domain or whatsoever. I've
ran "vssat listprd (...)", "vssat addprpl (...)" and so on.

After that (and restarting the vx*at and vx*az processes) I've ran through
the Admin Guide II procedures with

bpnbat -addmachine
bpnbat -LoginMachine

which completed successfully.

Now according to the docs I'm supposed to run

bpnbaz -setupsecurity SERVERNAME

but it fails. I get the "Processing - please be patient" message and the
"Unexpected error 55 occured". I'm of course unable to run
AllowAuthentication as there are no objects defined in the bpnbaz for the
server.

This installation has been made on one single sun/sparc server.

Anyone experienced with VxSS installation? Can you help?

regards,
--
Marek Gorka
Client Solutions