Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VxSS and Access Management under NBU51

2005-07-26 11:00:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VxSS and Access Management under NBU51
From: john.meyers AT wright DOT edu (John Meyers)
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:00:36 -0400
Paul Keating wrote:
> We had a tech onsite (from the VAR we purchased NBU from) for weeks,
> working with Veritas, and never did get VxSS working properly.
> The Vertias folks basically said "It's buggy as hell, but we'll give it
> a shot with you, just be warned, that if it screws up, you could be
> totally locked out of your systems."
>
> We dumped it.

  Ditto on that.  I came to the conclusion that it's just not there yet,
  at least not with the 5.x releases of NetBackup.  I ran into more
  problems than I care to take the time to list here.  One of the main
  issues I had was that there's a number of NetBackup utilities that
  aren't VxSS aware, which means you need to basically wrap those
  utilities with a script to authenticate prior to using them.  It just
  gets pretty complicated real fast.

  John

--
  John Meyers