Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vault

2005-07-04 12:30:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vault
From: M.W.Ellwood AT rl.ac DOT uk (Ellwood, MW (Mike))
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 17:30:00 +0100
>I have a small Netbackup environment at a remote site i.e. a different
>country.

>It's a V240 running Solaris 8 with Netbackup at 5.0 MP 3, together with
>Vault.

>Tapes are sent off site daily.  However, a problem arose a while back which
>nobody picked up on (for a variety of reasons).

>We are now in a position whereby we have some tapes which have expired.
>They are still in a Volume Pool however, so I can't delete them  from
>Netbackup and start again.  When I use bpexpdate to expire the tape it says
>it can't find it in  any of the databases etc.

>Any idea how I can reuse these tapes?

Well, provided they have no unexpired backups on, you could still  use them
within their existing pool, or move them to a more useful pool (vmchange or via
vmadm, for example).

Or you could move them to the "none" pool (pool number 0), if you don't want
them to be in a pool.

(Are you wishing to use them as scratch volumes? I never use these, always
using specific pools, so I am not entirely sure if putting them in the "none"
pool is the same as making them scratch).

Regards,

Mike

Thanks

Phil

The contents of this Email and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. The views stated
herein do not necessarily represent the view of the company.
If you are not the intended recipient of this Email you may not
copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever. If you have received this mail in
error please Email the sender.