Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vault

2005-07-03 05:32:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vault
From: Phil.Stockton AT rs-components DOT com (Phil Stockton)
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 10:32:18 +0100
Hi Everybody,

I have a small Netbackup environment at a remote site i.e. a different
country.

It's a V240 running Solaris 8 with Netbackup at 5.0 MP 3, together with
Vault.

Tapes are sent off site daily.  However, a problem arose a while back which
nobody picked up on (for a variety of reasons).

We are now in a position whereby we have some tapes which have expired.
They are still in a Volume Pool however, so I can't delete them  from
Netbackup and start again.  When I use bpexpdate to expire the tape it says
it can't find it in  any of the databases etc.

Any idea how I can reuse these tapes?

Thanks

Phil

The contents of this Email and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. The views stated
herein do not necessarily represent the view of the company.
If you are not the intended recipient of this Email you may not
copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever. If you have received this mail in
error please Email the sender.

RS Components Ltd.