Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Of Same Client with Two Policies

2004-11-17 14:24:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Of Same Client with Two Policies
From: sunglee AT us.ibm DOT com (Sung Y Lee)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:24:30 -0500
--0__=0ABBE5DCDFF9CFC78f9e8a93df938690918c0ABBE5DCDFF9CFC7

Hello,

I have scenario questions to ask.  I would appreciate it if you can help me
clear up my understand of policies.

Netbackup 4.5
Let's say you have one client A with (Policy A, with 3 schedules (full-Sat,
cumulative- Wed, differential-Mon,Tues,Thurs,Fri,Sun) going to Pool A.
Then you setup another new policy ( Policy B, with 3 schedules(full-Sat,
cumulative- Wed, differential-Mon,Tues,Thurs,Fri,Sun)  going to Pool B for
the client A.

Question A)..... When backups (cumulative and/or differential) for Policy A
and Policy B are performed, will each policy look at it's own backup
policy(images) to determine when the last full or incrementals were done?

Question B)
Policy A full backup ran, Policy B full not ran.
If policy B differential is kicked off, will it run a full backup or
differential backup?

I am trying to determine if Policy A and Policy B images are independence
of each other when deciding what to backup during different types of
backup.

Thanks,

Sung Y. Lee
--0__=0ABBE5DCDFF9CFC78f9e8a93df938690918c0ABBE5DCDFF9CFC7

I have scenario questions to ask.  I would appreciate it if you can help me
clear up my understand of policies. <br>
Netbackup 4.5<br>
Let's say you have one client A with (Policy A, with 3 schedules (full-Sat,
cumulative- Wed, differential-Mon,Tues,Thurs,Fri,Sun) going to Pool A. <br>
Then you setup another new policy ( Policy B, with 3 schedules(full-Sat,
cumulative- Wed, differential-Mon,Tues,Thurs,Fri,Sun)  going to Pool B for the
client A. <br>
Question A)..... When backups (cumulative and/or differential) for Policy A and
Policy B are performed, will each policy look at it's own backup policy(images)
to determine when the last full or incrementals were done?<br>
Question B)<br>
Policy A full backup ran, Policy B full not ran. <br>
If policy B differential is kicked off, will it run a full backup or
differential backup?<br>
I am trying to determine if Policy A and Policy B images are independence of
each other when deciding what to backup during different types of backup. <br>
Thanks,<br>
Sung Y. Lee<br>
--0__=0ABBE5DCDFF9CFC78f9e8a93df938690918c0ABBE5DCDFF9CFC7--