Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to use different tape even when not full?

2004-11-16 15:14:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to use different tape even when not full?
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:14:37 -0500
Just a guess, but I would imagine he doesn't want to have one tape go
bad, and lose the last 10 nights worth of backups.

However, other options exist, like duplicating tapes, (either inline, or
post backup using vault)
Or disk staging...a 100 gig filesystem would hold over a week worth of
backups, and he could flush the new images to tape daily.

Paul