Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Of Same Client with Two Policies

2004-11-17 16:05:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Of Same Client with Two Policies
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:05:22 -0600
On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 02:24:30PM -0500, Sung Y Lee wrote:
> I am trying to determine if Policy A and Policy B images are independence
> of each other when deciding what to backup during different types of
> backup.

One of the key things to look at is the STREAMS file for each host.  In
it, you'll see that the policy name in each entry.  Therefore, the two
policies are independent of each other.

In fact, if you rename a policy, you'll force a full backup of every
volume on that host.  This is true even if you edit the STREAMS file in
a text editor.  I do not know what happens if you shut down NetBackup
before making the change to the policy and STREAMS files.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org