Veritas-bu

Fw: [Veritas-bu] Considering moving to NetBackup

2003-01-27 11:28:20
Subject: Fw: [Veritas-bu] Considering moving to NetBackup
From: deb AT tickleme.llnl DOT gov (Deb)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 08:28:20 -0800
Brian Diven <BDiven AT wi.rr DOT com> had this to say,
> Deb,
>
> I'm implementing NBU into a very large environment and a very sophisticated
> hardware environment.  I've had many issues with NBU, but I firmly believe I
> have a lot less headaches than if I were to choose any other solution.  Yes,
> there are NDMP issues, but I also believe Veritas is ahead of the curve on
> resolving these issues.

Interesting.  My environment is very complex as well.  Your viewpoint is
indeed applicable.

> I would suggest that Legato has their code cleaner than most, but NBU is
> much more rich in features.  Legato sucks for support, NBU is somewhat
> better.  I've found it better to have a product rich in features and
> interfaces for this large of a shop.  That means that I don't depend on
> Legato for an enhancement ... if nothing else, I can make the NBU
> enhancement myself.

What do you mean that you can "make the NBU enhancement myself?"  Do you have
source code, or just that it is so feature-rich and manipulatable, that you
can bend the wires into the shape you need?  For example?

Thanks,

deb