Veritas-bu

FW: [Veritas-bu] Considering moving to NetBackup

2003-01-25 01:27:36
Subject: FW: [Veritas-bu] Considering moving to NetBackup
From: veritas-bu AT jasons DOT us (veritas-bu AT jasons DOT us)
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 01:27:36 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Ballowe, Charles wrote:

> The client_install program is just a script - if you have ssh in your
> environment, you can change every "rsh" to an "ssh" (and rcp to scp etc)
> and still do the client pushes. It's very useful if you're concerned
> about the security implications of r* services.

Or, you can rename the actual rsh binary and create a symlink in its place
that points to ssh.  ssh is happy to be called as rsh and takes the same
CLI parameters.

-Jason

-----
Jason K. Schechner  -   check out www.cauce.org and help ban spam-mail.
=The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has bounds.=
---There is no TRUTH.  There is no REALITY.  There is no CONSISTENCY.---
   ---There are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS   I'm very probably wrong.---