Networker

Re: [Networker] How to make a duplicate of a tape (was: nsrclone advice needed)

2013-03-19 11:28:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to make a duplicate of a tape (was: nsrclone advice needed)
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 11:17:58 -0400
> He will use the clone iff you mark the original CFI savesets suspect
> before you start the CFI recovery.

So I have to mark hundreds and hundreds of savesets suspect? Will marking
the entire volume as suspect do the same? And what happens when I don't
need my copy anymore, or something happens to it - I have to re-mark all
those saveset IDs as not suspect (would that be "valid"?) before I can use
the offsite tape again?

(and you find that easier and makes more sense than the other way?)