Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrclone advice needed

2013-03-18 11:39:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrclone advice needed
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 11:38:53 -0400
> As the target for a clone needs to be a clone type pool there is no
> way you can clone
> to the same pool. The way to do it is to create a BootstrapClone
> pool, label the target tape into
> that and do:
>
> nsrclone -b "BootstrapClone" <source volume>

AH, I see. Good point, thank you.

So, supposing I need to do a "nsrck -L7" in the future, will I be able to
use this tape to read the CFI from? (that's what I want to happen. I don't
want to have to recall the original from offsite, in order to do a "nsrck
-L7").

Or will the "nsrck -L7" look *only* for the original source volume?

I want to have a copy here, because I will probably need it frequently in
the near future, but I don't want to have to recall it from offsite; do my
"nsrck -L7"; determine what volumes I further need; then have to do a 2nd
recall of the actual data volumes. But I want a copy offsite, for safety's
sake.

Will doing this allow me to do what I want to do?