Networker

Re: [Networker] Device automatic disabled now backup are failing

2013-02-26 10:52:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] Device automatic disabled now backup are failing
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 10:52:12 -0500
On Feb 26, 2013, at 10:44 AM, stivermr <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT
COM> wrote:

> Over the weekend. I got this error:
> "NetWorker device disabled: (warning) Device /dev/rmt/0cbn is automatically
> disabled.
> consecutive errors (21) exceeded the maximum consecutive errors allowed.
> Please fix the device or set a higher value for the Max consecutive errors
> attribute in the device resource."

Did you figure out what is wrong with the tape drive?  Did you re-enable the
tape drive (or just confirm that the library is currently enabled)?

I saw this happen in older versions of NetWorker when we tried to inventory the
library and there were batches of unlabeled tapes present.  It has been a while
since I saw this happen with my current library/tape drives.