Networker

Re: [Networker] Device automatic disabled now backup are failing

2013-02-26 11:58:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Device automatic disabled now backup are failing
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:58:05 -0500
On Feb 26, 2013, at 11:37 AM, stivermr <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT
COM> wrote:

> I was able to inventory and label tapes but the backup jobs kept failing.
> Once I re-enabled the tape drives I was able to run a backup job. The tape
> drives said they were in Service mode before I enabled them.

That behavior is absolutely correct for a tape drive that is in service mode.
You can use it to inventory and label tapes, but it will not be used to
automatically mount a tape needed for recovery, backup, or clone operations by
NetWorker itself.

- Frank