Networker

Re: [Networker] Windows backups.

2013-02-26 11:18:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Windows backups.
From: "Jones, Michael (BRS)" <michael.jones2 AT EMC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:19:00 -0500
The DISASTER_RECOVERY saveset is taken for a Windows client or a Windows Server
to enable bare metal recovery. The 'critical volumes' that it backs up are
determined by Windows and include any volumes which have system or boot files
on them. In the NetWorker 8.0 release, the 'double backup' of user data on
these critical volumes was eliminated, so migrating to NetWorker 8 (at lease
the Windows Client) will have a benefit for you.

There are some significant enhancements in this area coming in the NetWorker
8.1 release which will reduce the size and time needed for these backups.