Networker

Re: [Networker] Patch upgrade advice?

2010-03-22 12:45:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] Patch upgrade advice?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:43:43 -0400
Francis Swasey wrote:
Yup, that's really it.

When you get to your first step 4, I'd shutdown NetWorker on the primary before
the storage
node, and in step 7, start it on the storage node before the primary.

I always thought it was the other way around. In other words, it seems that the primary would have to be running before the snode can see it? Then again, come to think of it, the snode doesn't launch any nsrmmd processes for the drives until the server poles it anyway.

As you are already running 7.5.1, there is no new upgrade enabler to put in.

Your tape library should survive the process just fine -- unless there is a bug
with the
library handling that is why you are doing this upgrade.

May I ask why you are installing this cumulative patch set instead of upgrading
to 7.5sp2?

I guess we were just heading along that line since that's what we started with, and we had a case with EMC on a related matter, and they suggested that and worked with us to provide it. I do see that 7.5SP2 is available for download but no longer SP1. I assume that 7.5.1 refers to SP1 and 7.5.2 refers to SP2?

I now see that they have 7.6. Sheesh! The world is passing us by fast. As Ferris said, "Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it"

George

Frank