Networker

Re: [Networker] VMware VCB support [ discontinued ? ]....

2010-03-22 13:55:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] VMware VCB support [ discontinued ? ]....
From: Chester Martin <cmartin AT SPP DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:51:47 -0500
Cool, thank you..

-----Original Message-----
From: EMC NetWorker discussion [mailto:NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Anu Yamunan
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 11:27 AM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

This is the official note from the EMC NetWorker team.

You have recently seen the following note from VMware:
http://app.connect.vmware.com/e/es.aspx?s=524&e=12893740&elq=d883bd8be6f24c22a54b447c7e55c245&OPENID=Browser

VCB will be removed from the next release of VSphere platform. VCB 1.5 general
support ends 7/25/2010; extended support ends 7/25/2013as per VMware’s support
policy.

How does this announcement impact you as NetWorker customers:

·         If you are performing guest-based backupsin your VMware environment,
this announcement does not affect you. NetWorker will be qualified with the
next VSphere release when it is available. According to VMware, the next
VSphere release is targeted for end of May 2010.
·         If you are currently on ESX 3.5 and/or VSphere 4, NetWorker utilizes
the VMware Consolidated Backup (VCB) framework to deliver data protection for
your environment. You can continue to use NetWorker to meet your VMware data
protection needs.
·         The NetWorker team will deliver the integration with vStorage APIs
for Data Protection (VADP) in 2H 2010.

Regards!