Networker

Re: [Networker] Patch upgrade advice?

2010-03-22 06:56:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Patch upgrade advice?
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 06:53:23 -0400
Yup, that's really it.

When you get to your first step 4, I'd shutdown NetWorker on the primary before
the storage
node, and in step 7, start it on the storage node before the primary.

As you are already running 7.5.1, there is no new upgrade enabler to put in.

Your tape library should survive the process just fine -- unless there is a bug
with the
library handling that is why you are doing this upgrade.

May I ask why you are installing this cumulative patch set instead of upgrading
to 7.5sp2?

Frank