Networker

Re: [Networker] Fw: [Networker] Parallelism of "backup clone" pool devices?

2008-05-29 10:40:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] Fw: [Networker] Parallelism of "backup clone" pool devices?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 10:37:47 -0400
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
05/29/2008 10:21:15 AM:

> The "max parallelism" set to 4 seems fishy to me.  If you want 5 jobs to
> run, doesn't this need to be increased to at least 5?

Don't think so .. my other 4 drive library is set to 4, and it definitely
runs 5 or more jobs at the same time.

I believe the parallelism refers to the total number of drives that can be
in use at one time, not the total number of jobs that be run acorss the
sum of all the drives.