Networker

Re: [Networker] Fw: [Networker] Parallelism of "backup clone" pool devices?

2008-05-29 11:03:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] Fw: [Networker] Parallelism of "backup clone" pool devices?
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 16:01:15 +0100
MIchael Leone wrote:
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on 05/29/2008 10:21:15 AM:

The "max parallelism" set to 4 seems fishy to me.  If you want 5 jobs to
run, doesn't this need to be increased to at least 5?

Don't think so .. my other 4 drive library is set to 4, and it definitely runs 5 or more jobs at the same time. I believe the parallelism refers to the total number of drives that can be in use at one time, not the total number of jobs that be run acorss the sum of all the drives.

No it's not that at all. Max parallelism on the library controls how many tape operations may run simultaneously, such as tape mounts/unmounts, label operations, inventory operations etc. It has no bearing on how many save sessions may be run.