Networker

Re: [Networker] Fw: [Networker] Parallelism of "backup clone" pool devices?

2008-05-29 11:10:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] Fw: [Networker] Parallelism of "backup clone" pool devices?
From: James Pratt <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 11:07:12 -0400
As it was explained to me, if you have 5 drives (for example only) you
will want this setting at 4 - that way you will always have one free
drive in case you need to do a restore and won't have to abort other
backups.

(Please correct me if this is not right - I've not verified it with the
Manual, but it seems to make sense so have not questioned/touched it).

Regards,
jamie