Networker

Re: [Networker] best platform for newest networker?

2008-02-12 09:06:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] best platform for newest networker?
From: Vincent Lin <vlinx AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 05:59:43 -0800
A big mistake to goto Linux

- Capital cost saving is great and operation cost is great too
- Good finger pointing exercise with your hardware vendors and Linux service
providers
- Poor hardware management / hot plug support / stability
- Free endless bug finding exercise
- Good for a small environment only

If I had a choice, I would go Solaris / SPARC.

VL