Networker

[Networker] Group-level Schedule ...

2007-04-02 04:48:09
Subject: [Networker] Group-level Schedule ...
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 08:44:41 -0000
Dears,

I am busy reimplementing new backup schedules at a customer of mine
and took to use group-level schedule for groups started near
midnight, forcing the backup level to use.

When a schedule is set at group-level, it overwrites client-level
scheduling. OK.

Assume a group starting at 23:30, having following group-level
schedule : SKIP - SKIP - SKIP - SKIP - SKIP - FULL - SKIP.
(Friday full, skip others).

Cients started by that group Friday till 23:59 will be level FULL. OK.

What about the remaining sessions started after midnight(Sat 00:10, for
sample)
by same "Friday evening started group" ?

Will the level be checked again at each save session startup
(and in this sample, will be a level skip session) or
will the group-level be computed once at group startup and
kept for all sessions (level full here) ?

Good question...

Thanks,

TH

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant

 *********       *********   HEWLETT - PACKARD
 *******    h      *******   1 Rue de l'aeronef/Luchtschipstraat
 ******    h        ******   1140 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****
 *****   h  h  p  p  *****   100/102 Blv de la Woluwe/Woluwedal
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****   1200 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 ******      p      ******   BELGIUM
 *********       *********   Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
                             Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
                             Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 729.88.30
     I  N  V  E  N  T        Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe(at)hp.com
                             Internet  : http://www.hp.com/
Enterprise number 0402.220.594 - RPM/RPR Brussels